Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Final Day of Filming!!

 Finally!! We were able to complete our whole production process and have enough time for the editing we want to do. I am so happy that we were able to get all the shots the way we want them and can make something that we are proud off. 

During our final day of filming we went through all the shots we had taken over the course of the week and decided which ones we were going to keep and the ones we wanted to reshoot. We ended up reshooting a lot of shots because we realized that our reflections were in the windows and mirrors. We fixed this by making sure to change our angles and since I was the one filming I would duck down just in case on specific shots. We also found that some shots were shaky so we decided to also refilm those to get a cleaner look in the final result. 

Our actress was amazing, she was very easy to work with and she really tried to capture what we wanted for the film. The wardrobe is exactly how I showed it in a previous blog and Sara, our actress, smeared eyeshadow down her face to make it look as if she was crying. This gave a very realistic look to the spiraling part, now to talk about the spiraling part, unfortunately we were not able to achieve the exact result that we wanted. Instead, we had Sara sitting down on the floor and I circled her with the camera and then it turns into a zoom in close-up of her. Our other actress, Sandra, was also very collaborative and played the part exactly like we wanted her to. 

The whole production process in itself was not what I expected at all. I was convinced that it was going to be easier than it was, but we did face challenges that luckily we were able to overcome. I found that while we were filming we diverted from our original storyboard a lot. This surprised me because I believed that following the storyboard was going to be the easiest option for us in terms of time, but truthfully diverting from it made both of us feel less stressed. Now we are going to start editing the whole project and see how we wanted to place the shots. Were almost done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR!

 And with you My CCR!  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SL8pue4w2sqkm9wEBJtlyAm0_7d8CtI3/view?usp=sharing Thank you for following my journey...