Thursday, February 17, 2022

From the beginning...

 Today me and my partner finally decided what genre we want to focus on. It took us a while to figure out what we should base our project around because none of the ideas we threw around really stuck to us. For example, we began talking about making our introduction about an girl who's life felt like it was a constant cycle. Her days would be the exact same thing everyday which would cause her life to feel like this endless loop of nothing. We were going to name this film "Cycle." However, we decided to take another approach to our thinking and decided to make our introduction about something completely different. We decided on the genre thriller and our introduction will be about a girl who runs away from her house due to circumstances, that we have not yet determined, and make it look like she was kidnapped to her parents.

The interesting thing about our idea is that the audience will have some information that the other characters, her parents, do not. We figured this would be a good way to keep the audience hooked and we can add out own creative ideas in different ways. For example, we can play around with the lighting and camera angles to best suit what we are trying to portray to the viewers. 

I have already started my research but decided I would post a separate blog discussing all I have learned about thriller movies and what I expect the production and post production process to be like. It's exciting to research a whole new genre that I am not that familiar with since I tend to watch different styles of movies, but maybe after my research is concluded I will find that thriller is a genre I enjoy. I feel excited about what we will be able to create together but am still quite overwhelmed with the whole process. Stay tuned for more updates! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR!

 And with you My CCR!  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SL8pue4w2sqkm9wEBJtlyAm0_7d8CtI3/view?usp=sharing Thank you for following my journey...